The lower school is a place where children are treasured, where eager learners are encouraged to take the next step, to ask the next question and to discover the next truth.
Our lower school faculty are extensively trained in early childhood and elementary education. Our teachers use a team approach, gathering input from parents and on-staff learning resource specialists—as well as their own close observations—to customize their teaching methods and content to address each child’s strengths and interests.
Manners, Kindness, 欧洲杯买彩票and Civility
In a responsive classroom, the exercise of naming hopes and dreams is critical to feeling personally connected to and engaged in learning.
Lower school students took the school's 2018-19 theme of action to heart and defined things they hoped to accomplish over the course of the school year.
The value lies in the well-formulated question rather than on the right answer.
Singing the praises of Singapore math
As part of the lower school Singapore Math curriculum, fourth grade teacher Amanda Schirmacher noted that her students love sharing their methods, which she can project on a screen after taking a picture of the method with her tablet. "They are getting more comfortable with their speaking and presentation skills," she said. "It enables them to be confident in sharing their thinking," a skill that will serve them well as they enter middle and high school. "The earlier you find your voice, the better," she said.
欧洲杯买彩票We value the potential that Latin will provide our children with the determination, resilience and curiosity to be successful in the world.
Latin should never change how comfortable it makes us feel. Which means that we aren't afraid to make mistakes.
The teachers have been my advocates so much throughout the years and it is easily the thing I value the most at Latin.
- How much homework will my child have?
- How are the students graded?
- How regularly do lower school students get physical activity?
- A lot of children today have food allergies. Do you have an allergy policy?
- What role can I play in my child’s school day?
- What support systems are available for students needing additional academic help?
- What are school hours? Are there options available to my child before and after school?
- What is the After School Resources (ASR) Program?